ABOUT THE VISA
Issued by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection falling under Government of Australia, this visa lets you visit Australia for up to 3/6/12 months for holidays, meeting family and friends or for a business visit purpose. With this visa you can work and provide unpaid services to any organisation.
Visitor visa (subclass 600) takes about 30 days for processing. If you are in Australia you can apply for tourist visa online provided you currently have a valid visa in Australia. If you are outside Australia then only certain passport holders can apply for this visa online. Just in case you cannot apply online, lodging a paper application is always an option.
You would need various documents to support your visa application.
The main requirements to get this visa include the following –
- You must be travelling as a visitor
- You must be travelling for business activities
- You must be travelling to visit family and friends
1. What does the visa allow me to do?
This visa is for people who wish to take a trip to Australia for more than 3 months. Once you get the visa, you are allowed to –
- Stay up to 12 months or shorter depending upon your purpose of visit
- Single/multiple entries to Australia
- Work as a unpaid volunteer / attend business meetings
2. Are there any costs, other than that of application of visa that I might have to bear?
Apart from the application cost you would have to bear the cost for medical and health assessments, police certification, and various other certificates and tests.